Leg Cramps at Night – Type of Magnesium that Actually Works!

Magnesium for night leg cramps

Millions of men and women (especially those over 50 years old) get painful leg cramps almost every night. Most often they are harmless, except for the fact that they really hurt and will ruin your otherwise peaceful sleep.

These nocturnal leg cramps feel like a sudden tight and painful knot in the calves, feet, quads, or hamstrings. They make us jolt out of bed in agony.
.

Magnesium Consumption

Most of us are not consuming enough magnesium through our diets. We also lose a lot of the magnesium we do get from sweating, poor absorption, excess sugar or caffeine intake, and even aging. This is why this condition gets more and more common as we age.

We also get too much calcium (which makes muscles contract) compared with our magnesium intake (which makes muscles relax). This out of whack calcium to magnesium ratio leads to a buildup of lactic acid and painful muscle cramping of the calf and other leg muscles.

The most effective natural treatment is to take a very high absorption magnesium supplement every night before bed. There are many different types of magnesium on the market and it’s important to understand the difference and know which type to choose and why.

Most magnesium supplements do not absorb very well at all. In fact the most common magnesium supplement on the market is magnesium oxide, which absorbs at a rate of only about 4%. The remaining 96% draws water into the large intestine and causes diarrhea as an unwanted side effect. Because it doesn’t absorb well, it won’t help at all with leg cramps.

We sell a very specific type of magnesium to literally thousands of customers every month all over the world. Our magnesium has been proven to help with muscle function. We pay a lot of attention to their feedback and one of the most common things we hear is that our magnesium has really helped with our customers with their leg cramps. Many people say that they no longer get any leg cramps at all after taking our magnesium. It is also very gentle on the stomach and won’t cause any diarrhea either.

The reason is that we use a very pure non-buffered magnesium bisglycinate (glycinate) supplement. The “non-buffered” part is key. It means that we don’t mix any other types of magnesium with it. Most people are unaware that the majority of magnesium bisglycinate (glycinate) supplements have been mixed with large amounts of magnesium oxide, even if you don’t see this mentioned on the front of the label.

Non buffered magnesium bisglycinate is a combination of the magnesium atom and the amino acid glycine. Glycine is a very relaxing amino acid which further helps with sleep and relaxation. This form of magnesium won’t draw water into the bowels (and won’t cause loose stool) but will instead absorb into our muscles and tissues.

Dose:

It is safe to take up to 6 capsules per day of our magnesium, but because it is so highly absorbable and well tolerated, most people benefit from only 1-2 caps per day.

Go here to try our premium magnesium for leg cramps

RELATED ARTICLES

EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
15% OFF
Just enter your email below